A person is considered a decision-maker when they occupy one of the following positions:
- Channel managers, heads of programming, commissioning editors, programme managers, heads of factual/co-production departments/
- Content buyers / acquisition executives
- Institutional decision-makers supporting television, cinema, multimedia doc projects
- Funding organisations, foundations, film commissions, established NGOs investing in television, cinema and multimedia doc projects
- Cultural stakeholders from institutions, museums, heritage sites, LBE
You can request an invitation to our events as a decision-maker here: once approved by the sunny side team, you’ll receive confirmation of your registration free of charge.
A delegation is a gathering of producers and distributors organised by associations, unions, or national or regional institutions. Their members benefit from a preferential rate for their accreditation and can also decide to share a booth to hold their meetings during the event.
A newcomer is a person whose company is participating for the first time in Sunny Side of the Doc. Newcomers benefit from a preferential rate.
Project or programme?
A project is a documentary concept, one-off or serial, in development, production or post-production, still seeking new partners and/or sources of funding. While a programme is a completed documentary in search of international sales or a buyer.
frequently asked questions
I am registered to the event but won’t be able to attend. Can I transfer my pass to a colleague?
If you can’t attend the event, you can transfer your accreditation (once only) to someone in the same company. Please contact our sales team for further guidance.
Do I get a refund if my project is not selected at the pitching sessions?
The submission fees correspond to the cost of processing your application. If your project is not selected at the pitching sessions, no fee will be refunded.
Who can benefit from a reduced rate on their accreditation?
As here at Sunny Side of the Doc we strongly believe in diversity, in plurality of voices and talent, we have set up preferential rates for several participant categories. The objective is to welcome new talent, and help them find their place in the documentary community.
In order to make our events more accessible, we offer three types of reduced fees on accreditations:
- Geographical criteria: professionals from Low Audiovisual Production Capacity of Production Countries (LCC) and from Global South Countries (GS) > Check your own rate here
- First-time participation / newcomers: professionals whose company is participating for the first time in Sunny Side of the Doc > Check your own rate here
- Students can also participate with reduced fees. Contact our sales team to find out how.