A person is considered a decision-maker when they occupy one of the following positions:
- Channel managers, heads of programming, commissioning editors, programme managers, heads of factual/co-production departments/
- Content buyers / acquisition executives
- Institutional decision-makers supporting television, cinema, multimedia doc projects
- Funding organisations, foundations, film commissions, established NGOs investing in television, cinema and multimedia doc projects
- Cultural stakeholders from institutions, museums, heritage sites, LBE
You can request an invitation to our events as a decision-maker here: once approved by the sunny side team, you’ll receive confirmation of your registration free of charge.
A delegation is a gathering of producers and distributors organised by associations, unions, or national or regional institutions. Their members benefit from a preferential rate for their accreditation and can also decide to share a booth to hold their meetings during the event.
international distributors or sellers
At a professional market such as Sunny Side of the Doc, distributors (or international sellers) come to sell or acquire completed documentary programmes for international distribution. By purchasing a Market Pass Sellers, they benefit from the visibility offered by our Sellers’ Guide (company presentation, programme highlights, advertising page). They can also decide to take a stand or reserve a table in the Sellers Lounge in the heart of the exhibition area.
letter of commitment (LoC)
Projects applying to the pitching sessions should have the financial commitment from at least one third-party partner (broadcaster, platform, sales agent, supporting fund, foundation, crowdfunding, etc.). A proof of the confirmed participation of all these partners (LOC) is required in the submission form.
This is Sunny Side of the Doc’s dedicated online professional space. Operating by edition, the purchase of an accreditation gives access to the contents on the event’s platform for a limited time. At first, the platform allows access to the forms for submitting projects to the pitching sessions (until the submission deadline) and for registering a project/programme to the e-catalogue. As the event approaches, this is where you will find all the resources you need to prepare your market: list of participants, official guides, e-catalogue, four-day programme, press corner. And after the event, you can watch replays of key sessions!
A newcomer is a person whose company is participating for the first time in Sunny Side of the Doc. Newcomers benefit from a preferential rate.
project or programme?
A project is a documentary concept, one-off or serial, in development, production or post-production, still seeking new partners and/or sources of funding. While a programme is a completed documentary in search of international sales or a buyer.
frequently asked questions
how to register?
To register for the coming edition of Sunny Side of the Doc:
- click on one of the “participate” buttons to create your account
- fill in / check your profile (You / Company / Settings / Headshot) then choose the market pass that suits you best
- as soon as the Sunny Side of the Doc team has validated your accreditation, proceed with the payment
And that’s it! You are accredited for the next edition of Sunny Side of the Doc and now have access to MySunnySpace, the event’s platform.
who can benefit from a reduced rate on their accreditation?
As here at Sunny Side of the Doc we strongly believe in diversity, in plurality of voices and talent, we have set up preferential rates for several participant categories. The objective is to welcome new talent, and help them find their place in the documentary community.
In order to make our events more accessible, we offer three types of reduced fees on accreditations:
- Economic and/or geographical criteria: professionals from countries with low audiovisual production capacity, from countries on the EU Media-desk list, or from remote countries / regions with particularly high transport costs > Check your own rate here
- First-time participation / newcomers: professionals whose company is participating for the first time in Sunny Side of the Doc > Check your own rate here
- Students can also participate with reduced fees. Contact our sales team to find out how.
can I buy more than one accreditation?
Each accreditation is nominative and individual. However, it is possible to buy accreditations for your colleagues. When you select your own accreditation, you will be asked if you wish to buy additional accreditations. You will have to fill in the names and email addresses of the beneficiaries. Once your request for multiple accreditations has been validated by the Sunny Side of the Doc team, they will be invited to “activate” their accreditation by filling in their profile on MySunnySpace.
I am registered to the event but won’t be able to attend, can I transfer my pass to a colleague?
If you can’t attend the event, you can transfer your accreditation (once only) to someone in the same company. Please contact our sales team for further guidance (firstname.lastname@example.org)
how to submit a project to the pitching sessions?
You pitch, you choose! In order to foster and facilitate the access to the pitching sessions, Sunny Side of the Doc lets you choose the option that best suits your needs! You can either:
- Buy a Market Pass with pitch submission included: get your market pass AND a right to submit your project;
- Buy a Pitch submission (only): try your luck at the pitching sessions first, decide later to buy your market pass
For further information, click here.
do I get a refund if my project is not selected at the pitching sessions?
The submission fees correspond to the cost of processing your application. If your project is not selected at the pitching sessions, no fee will be refunded.
I have finalised my project submission form but I would like to make a modification, what should I do?
If you wish to make any changes to your project before the submission deadline, please contact us at the following address: email@example.com.
Selected projects will be asked to verify and validate the information entered in order to prepare the official communication materials and guides.
Before the event, the Sunny Side of the Doc team will provide you with all the information you need to organise your trip: accommodation, travel, timetables, etc. For more information, click here.