Sunny Side of the Doc is launching its 2024 call for projects!
For its 35th edition, Sunny Side of the doc is inviting the international community to think about the future of our ecosystem, as well as the future of the documentary genre itself, and to attempt to map it together. In a world that is losing its bearings, documentary is more than ever a genre of public interest, and we want to continue to support and anticipate its evolution.
If your looking for partners and financing for your next documentary, submit your project to Sunny Side of the Doc’s pitching sessions and join one of the most impactful markets for documentary and digital storytelling (La Rochelle, France, June 24-27, 2024).
- Opening date for submissions: Thursday, December 7th
- Closing date for submissions: Thursday, March 14th, 12pm CET
Why pitch at Sunny Side of the Doc?
Sunny Side of the Doc is the international market dedicated to supporting the international financing of documentary projects and the circulation of completed programs. Every June, the 4-day event brings together 2,200+ participants (decision makers, producers, filmmakers, sales agents, foundations and funders) from 60+ countries.
With 300+ top-level international decision makers in attendance, representing leading broadcasters, streamers, foundations, sales agents and other funders looking for impactful stories, pitching at Sunny Side of the Doc is a unique opportunity.
Our 7 pitch sessions
Sunny side of the doc 2024 will offer seven pitching sessions.
- Science: we welcome all types of science projects, from blue-chip and hard science to popular science;
- Nature & conservation: natural history, environment, climate-related stories;
- Global issues: current affairs, investigation, social issues, human interest;
- Arts & culture;
- New Voices: first- and second-time filmmakers/content creators holding projects (50+ minutes or series) with international potential: Emerging filmmakers, stories inspired by under-exposed issues, tomorrow's nuggets - all are welcome!
- Impact campaigns: documentary is a powerful tool for change. Is the topic of your film highly social, political, environmental or does it offer a new vision that you want to share in order to raise awareness and trigger social change? This pitch session is looking for such kind of activism.