SUNNY SIDE OF THE DOC MASTER CLASS FOR SPANISH PRODUCERS
International Co-production for Documentary
WEDNESDAY 12 DECEMBER 2018
Sunny Side of the Doc is one of the world’s industry-leading marketplace dedicated to documentary and specialist factual content across all platforms. It is strongly committed to provide producers with an overview of the international ecosystem, practical advice and tips that allow them to navigate established and emerging markets, with an emphasis on encouraging producer-to-producer relationships, globally.
Alongside a 4-day gathering held in La Rochelle each June (24-27 June 2019 / 30th anniversary edition) with 2,000 professionals from 50 countries in attendance, the methods also include a series of training programmes, master classes and hands-on mentoring internationally.
Expert: Yves Jeanneau, CEO of Sunny Side of the Doc
Yves Jeanneau will present the latest international trends in documentary-making. Moreover, he will recommend ways to ensure more success in seizing international co-production opportunities as well as making your projects in development eligible for the highly-coveted Sunny Side of the Doc 2019 pitching sessions.
Sixteen Spanish production companies have registered for the next Sunny Side of the Doc’s Master Class organised in Madrid on December 12, with the collaboration of ICEX.
- TOMA 24 PRODUCCIONES CINEMATOGRAFICAS, S.L.
- GRUPO MASTER PRODUCCIONES S.L. > http://www.grupomaster.es
- DENKENPRO S.L. > http://www.paripebooks.com
- ADOLESCENTES CON PERSONALIDAD S.L. > http://www.adolescentesconpersonalidad.net
- DYNAMITE FILMS S.L. > http://dynamite-films.com
- OPUS NIGRUM S.L.
- RUNTUN FILMS, COMUNIDAD DE BIENES > http://www.runtunfilms.com
- SYNOPSIS 103 FACTORY OF COMMUNICATION S.L. > http://www.synopsis103.com
- QUECHUA FILMS S.L. > http://www.quechuafilms.com
- GUTIERREZ DIEZ MARGARITA > http://www.laescenadeljardin.com
- CONTRALUZ AUDIOVISUAL HUB S.L. > http://www.contraluzhub.com
- PEREZ GONZALEZ JOSE > http://www.jopergon.com
- GIUSTO EMANUELE
- MINIMO ESTUDIO S.L. > http://www.minimoestudio.com
- CONGO PRODUCCIONES AUDIOVISUALES Y GRAFICAS S.L. > http://www.congoproducciones.com
- MIL OJOS PRODUCEN S.L. > http://www.milojos.com
The overall objective is two-fold: in the short-term, develop a specific project with international potential, and in the long-term, gain key insight and tools that will help you progress and evolve throughout your production career.
9:00 – 12:00
Master Class topics include:
- World trends in the documentary storytelling
- Who does what? (Roles of broadcasters, producers, sales agents, investors, etc)
- Why doing an international co-production? How to promote it? Tools for success when searching co-production partners.
- What kind of projects are a good fit for international co-production?
13:30 – 18:00
One-to-one meetings between Yves Jeanneau and projects’ holders.
Contact at ICEX: Javier Martinez Iñiguez / firstname.lastname@example.org