SUNNY SIDE OF THE DOC + IMZ PITCHING SESSION AT AVANT PREMIÈRE 2019
What happens when the IMZ International Music + Media Centre, the organisers of Avant Première and the global network for music + dance films, cooperates with Sunny Side of the Doc, the internationally renowned market place for documentary + factual content where Culture is always in Motion?
You guessed it! Avant Première 2019 shines a special spotlight on performing arts documentaries and offers filmmakers the possibility to take their projects further!
Submit your performing arts documentary now for a chance to win the exceptional opportunity to pitch directly to international decision makers!Find out more about this unique pitching opportunity
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are interested in documentaries exploring any aspect of the performing arts – be it an artist’s portrait or a historical/genre specific documentary focusing on any music + dance content. Eligible formats are feature length, one offs, series, shorts and new digital media. We welcome proposals in development or production, that combine quality, originality and innovation.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The Sunny Side of the Doc + IMZ Selection Committee pre-selects five proposals among all submitted projects, which are then eligible to be presented at the Sunny Side of the Doc + IMZ Pitching Session at Avant Première 2019.
- In order to increase exposure + business opportunities for the eligible projects, the five pitches will be included in the Avant Première Programme Guide, handed out to all 600 participants from the performing arts + media.
- In addition, the members of the Jury, consisting of international industry experts, can request a One-on-One Follow Up Session, in which further details can be discussed.
- Moreover, one project will win the chance to pitch again in front of an international expert jury at Sunny Side of the Doc, taking place from 24-27 June 2019 in La Rochelle, France, including two free accreditations.
- +++ Furthermore, the IMZ will offer an IMZ Umbrella Stand at Sunny Side of the Doc 2019, allowing all IMZ Members, registered for Sunny Side of the Doc, to present themselves to 2,000 factual content experts.
The Jury consists of 4 internationally renowned experts + decision makers in the realm of documentary + performing arts.
Emma Cahusac, Commissioning Editor, BBC
Ali Delici, Head of Documentaries, Magazines and Web Contents at Arts Department, ARTE France
Emelie Persson, Head Commissioning Editor for Arts and Culture Documentaries, SVT – Swedish Television
Roberto Pisoni, Head of Sky Arte, Sky Italia
Anaïs Clanet, General Manager, Wide House
SCHEDULE + DEADLINES
|30 November 2018||Deadline to submit your proposal via the online submission tool on the IMZ Website|
|Before 15 January 2019||The 5 proposals, pre-selected by the Sunny Side of the Doc + IMZ Selection Committee, are informed + confirmed|
|11 February 2019||Pitching Session (+ One-on-One Follow Up Session) during Avant Première 2019 in Berlin|
|Between 24-27 June 2019 (tbd)||Pitching Session during Sunny Side of the Doc 2019 for the winning project|