Every June, Sunny Side of the Doc creates a unique opportunity for around 40 creative teams from all over the world to pitch their projects in development in front of leading international buyers and hands out 14 awards (in cash and in kind) selected by international juries.
We are now looking for strong and original projects in development or production, with appeal to international broadcasters, co-producers and other funders.
Promoting both linear and non-linear concepts, the international marketplace for documentary and specialist factual is expanding this year’s call for projects to showcase the huge diversity of factual content creation, globally.
You can submit one offs, mini-series, series or short formats.
For the first time, Sunny Side will accept submissions of cross-platform projects and new digital narrative forms across all thematic pitching sessions.
Submissions deadline extended: May 4th 2016
WHO IS IT FOR?
The 2016 Sunny Side Call for Projects is open to authors, producers, directors, digital creators, games & interactive designers with the ambition to join the international non-fiction market.
The 7 different pitching sessions cover the following topics:
- Global Issues – 2016 FOCUS – projects providing a global understanding of international issues or alternatives related to geopolitics, environment, finance & economy…
- Science – for this specific call co-organized with EBU, please CLICK HERE to submit
- Natural History & Wildlife
- Arts & Culture – biopics, music, cinema, fine arts, cultural heritage programs and pop-culture… Organizers will also welcome projects developed with museums, tourist offices or for educational purposes.
New at Sunny Side this year!
- Digital Creation – projects exploring digital storytelling, interactivity and new media tools to engage new audiences with factual content: animation, apps, virtual reality, gaming, installations…
- Asian Pitch – projects coming from Asia or co-produced with an Asian partner.
An independent jury will select 42 projects to pitch at Sunny Side of the Doc, raise finance and get critical insight from leading international buyers attending Sunny Side’s daily pitching sessions:
- Tailored one-to-one meetings with key decision makers are organized for pitchers selected to get straight into creative and financial discussions.
- The best pitched project will be awarded by our sponsors, in cash and/or in kind (list of awards to be confirmed).
- Duration of each pitch: 15’ (7’ for the pitch including trailer and 8’ for live Q&A with decision makers)
THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS ARE :
- Participant must be already registered to Sunny Side of the Doc 2016.
After registration, you’ll connect to Sunny Side Community Space and be able to submit your project via your personal account.
- Projects should be in advanced development: at least 30% of the budget already confirmed
- If aiming at completion funding, you can already be in production or postproduction.
- A 2-4 minute trailer with English subtitles
- Provide a proof of the confirmed participation of at least one partner: broadcaster, distributor, supporting fund, foundation, crowdfunding, new platforms, museums, brands…
- Submit projects at the latest by 4 MAY 2016.
IMPORTANT: In order to qualify for the Sunny Side’s pitch selection, entrants must comply with THE MAJORITY of the eligibility requirements mentioned above.
We strongly advise you to contact our team prior to submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE SUBMISSION RULES AND REQUIREMENTS ARE:
- Submissions must be made in English.
- You need to upload the following elements online logging into Sunny Side Community space with your personal account:
- Synopsis (300 characters spaces included)
- Treatment (700 characters spaces included)
- Project’s picture HD (300 dpi)
- Trailer (max. 5 GB) – Formats accepted: MOV, AVI, MP4, MPEG-2, 3GP, AAC, FLV (M4V is not accepted)
- 1 PDF file including: synopsis, budget, funding plan, commitment letters, treatment, short biographies of the author/director and presentation of the producer.
- And all information you consider useful in order to help the jury assessing your project.