Four pitching sessions across the week will see creative teams from Asia and beyond pitch their projects in development, guided by expert moderators Ruby Chen, Rudy Buttignol, Axel Arnö and Tony Chow.
The 6th Asian Side of the Doc co-production platform will present 24 factual projects from 11 countries, looking for international partners and/or financing.
The selected creative teams will get to know interested potential investors, partners and buyers from across Asia and beyond.
Projects’ holders attending Asian Side will have the opportunity to book one-to-one meetings online with decision makers attending the market.
- 100 Years In China – Film Projects Pty Ltd, Australia
- Forgotten Ally – Wildbear Entertainment, Australia
Science & Knowledge
- Flood, Challenging our Future – Georama Tv Productions, France
- The Science of Heaven – Lowland Holding Bv, The Netherlands
- A Chair for Wu Jing – Deep Sea Productions, Sweden
- The Real Iran – Autentic, Germany
- Planet Sand – Mona Lisa Production, France
Arts & Culture
- The Tielman Brothers: And The Birth Of IndoRock – Hj Production, Indonesia
- Life as a Pro Gamer – Tokyo Video Center,inc, Japan
- Game Fever – ZED, France
- Godzilla: The Nuclear Threat – Christoph Klotz Filmproduktion, Germany
- My Dear Lines – Doc U Media & Culture, China
Discovery & Lifestyle
- High Five: Great Ocean Adventures – Scubazoo Images, Malaysia
- The Wolf in the Fence – Film Brewers, South Korea
- The Gold Krama – Cineboxx Film & Television Inc., Canada
- COACH- Behind the Champions – Upside Distribution, France
- MY 143 DAYS – Beijing Muzi Film & Culture Media Limited Company, China
Current Affairs & Investigation
- Struggling in the Dead Zone – Power-I, Japan
- Freightened, The Real Price of Shipping – La Compagnie Des Taxi Brousse, France
Nature & Wildlife
- The Minds of Giants – Off The Fence, The Netherlands
Society & Geopolitics
- Line of Control – Power-I, Japan
- Worse than War – Fighting Ebola in Liberia’s Bong County – Docdays Productions Gmbh, Germany
Chinese Pitch Competition on March 16 at 3pm, sponsored by CICC
The day before Asian Side commences, on March 16 at 15:00, a Chinese Pitch Competition sponsored by CICC will offer the opportunity to trained Chinese producers to pitch in front of a jury and an audience of international decision makers. The two best Chinese pitches will then compete again during the Asian Side of the Doc 2015 pitching sessions.
- The Footballer by Ning Li – China Documentary Research Center
- Street 24 by Zhiqi Pan - Zhiqi Pan Documentary Studio
- Wish Tree by Xiaodong Guo – Beijingjinshidianyin Culture Development Co. Ltd.
- There is a place by Jianjun Wang – DOCUCHINA (SMG)
- To Live For Food by Ming Shang – CNEX Foundation Limited
- 1946 Nanjing Trial by Jiang Wenbo - Jiangsu Broadcasting Corporation
- Democratic Election by Guo Dongsheng – Yangquan City Radio and Television
- China’s Hidden Battlefield by Harrison Schaaf – Sounds of Freedom (S.O.F.) Studio
- My Century by Chaowei Chang – COOLIE Films Co., Ltd (Taiwan)
- In a Marriage Journey by Wei Li – Beijing Sun Media International
- The Red Flag Canal by Beijing Zhongxian Communication Co. Ltd